Home News Pope Francis Condemns ZabarmariMassacre In Borno, Nigeria

Pope Francis Condemns ZabarmariMassacre In Borno, Nigeria

192
0
Pope Francis commends Zabarmari massacre

The head of the Catholic Church, Pope Francis, has condemned Saturday’s massacre of farmworkers in Borno State.

The Pope in his weekly general audience on Wednesday said: “I want to assure my prayers for Nigeria, where blood has unfortunately been spilled once more in a terrorist attack”.

Remembering those who according to him were “brutally killed” by Boko Haram insurgents, the Pope said, “May God welcome them in his peace and comfort their families, and convert the hearts of those who commit similar atrocities, which gravely offend his name.”

Boko Haram fighters killed at least 43 farm workers and injured six in rice fields near Maiduguri, the Borno State capital on Saturday.

The assailants had reportedly tied up the agricultural workers and slit their throats.

The Pope also used his address Wednesday to mark the 40th anniversary of the death of four missionaries who were kidnapped, raped, and killed by a paramilitary group in El Salvador during the civil war.

“With evangelical dedication, and running great risks, they were bringing food and medication to the displaced and were helping poorer families. These women lived their faith with great generosity. They are an example for everyone to become faithful missionary disciples,” he said.

You may recall that Njenje Media News had earlier reported on the killing of innocent Nigerians by Boko Haram in Borno. 

Source link

 

RELATED POSTS:  Reprieve For Kano Musician As Court Quashes Death Sentence For Blasphemy, Orders Retrial
Previous article‘Integrity Policy’ To Appraise MDAs Introduced By ICPC
Next articleThe Suppliers Of Bad Governance Will Adjust When Citizens Act Collectively -Oby Ezekwesili-