Manchester United will fine Cristiano Ronaldo at least £1million over his recent explosive interview with Piers Morgan, Njenje Media News reports.
The 37-year-old in his interview blasted manager Erik ten Hag and Manchester United’s board.
The interview came just hours after the Red Devils beat Fulham 2-1 at Craven Cottage.
The Portugal international did not take part in the game through illness, having also missed the Carabao Cup win against Aston Villa on Thursday.
The Portugal captain was desperate to leave the club last summer but was denied his wish and he’s been forced to play second fiddle to the likes of Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial so far this term.
The former Real Madrid and Juventus striker had earlier been fined two weeks’ wages in October when he refused to come on as a substitute against Tottenham.
The Portugal captain will go through that experience again this time around, with Ronaldo facing another fine of around £1m, according to Metro.
Ronaldo has likely played his last game for the club and he could be released before the January transfer window.
The Portugal captain had started and completed four games for Manchester United prior to the explosive interview. The veteran forward said he felt betrayed by the club, having been convinced to stay at Old Trafford during the summer when he asked to be allowed to leave.
Ronaldo had reportedly asked to be allowed to leave Old Trafford following the arrival of Ten Hag but was told he was part of the new manager’s plans and was made to stay for the season.